GimmeNow is a start-up founded in 2020, with the goal to define the future of shopping, right now. We are developing a suite of web and mobile applications to bridge the gap between traditional retail and ecommerce by providing a better and faster way to shop online and provide instant-gratification to consumers. We are seeking passionate individuals to partner with us as we embark on our journey through company development, launch and beyond.
As a Full Stack AWS Engineer, you will develop comprehensive and world leading solutions for our B2B and B2C eCommerce platforms.
You will help establish the technical cloud-based solution and implementation throughout product lifecycles. You must have extensive experience with large-scale AWS cloud platforms. You must be proactive, a motivated self-starter – an instigator. You don’t wait for instructions, whilst thinking about how to help achieve goals, and you move faster than expected to do so. You are relentlessly resourceful with continuous improvement mindset and intellectually curious, teaching yourself what you need to know to deliver results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage broad expertise in AWS and its range of services and deep understanding of approaches and disciplines such as Agile, DevOps, and Software / Solution Architecture in a range of languages / technologies to define and deliver core architecture.
- Design, build, maintain and automate cloud infrastructure (highly available and resilient systems).
- Create automatable and repeatable deployments of applications, networks, and systems on the AWS platform.
- Establish the end to end AWS DevOps pipelines leveraging AWS best practices.
- Scripting AWS serverless components.
- Building AWS components for Performance Optimisation and High- Availability.
- Adapt to Agile ways of working.
- Work with a team of backend developers, frontend developers,
- devops. technicians, UX/UI designers and architect.
- Produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support, following AWS and DevOps best practices.
- Work autonomously and take responsibility for assigned tasks.
Experience and requirements
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in AWS
- Extensive experience with AWS serverless microservices development and deployment
- Must be familiar with reliability engineering, such as monitoring, alarms and incident management
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in Docker, EC2, Lambda, API
- Gateway, Elastic Search, SQS, SNS, RDS Aurora and Cognito
- Must be adept in AWS IoT, DAX and DynamoDB
- Must have in depth understanding of VPC and networking with focus on security
- Must have experience in AWS Step functions for synchronous nested workflows
- Must demonstrate experience working with AWS data storage technologies
- Must have experience in automating CI and CD pipelines
- Must have experience in developing AWS Infrastructure as code (IaC) for provisioning and managing cloud resources
- Must have experience in AWS CloudFormation
- Must be able to configure AWS ECS Clusters
- Must have experience in AWS WebRTC
- Experience or knowledge in AWS SDK Toolkits
Licenses & Certifications
- AWS Web Services Solutions Architect – Professional (Ideal but not mandated)
- AWS Certified DevOps – Professional
- AWS Certified Developer
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and self-driven individual to be a key contributor in a very fast-growing, high impact start-up, working with cutting edge technologies and being a part of passionate and talented foundation team with a strong culture of mutual respect, diversity, curiosity, and collaboration. Rewarding remuneration on offer.
GimmeNow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. GimmeNow strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.