GimmeNow is a start-up founded in 2020, with the goal to define the future of shopping, right now. We are developing a suite of web and mobile applications to bridge the gap between traditional retail and ecommerce by providing a better and faster way to shop online and provide instant-gratification to consumers. We are seeking passionate individuals to partner with us as we embark on our journey through company development, launch and beyond.
As a Magento 2 Full Stack Developer, you will develop comprehensive and world leading solutions on B2B and B2C eCommerce platforms.
You will help establish the technical eCommerce solution and implementation throughout product lifecycles. You must have extensive experience with large-scale cloud eCommerce platforms based on AWS Magento 2 or similar platforms. You must be proactive, a motivated self-starter – an instigator. You don’t wait for instructions, whilst thinking about how to help achieve goals, and you move faster than expected to do so. You are relentlessly resourceful with continuous improvement mindset and intellectually curious, teaching yourself what you need to know to deliver results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define internal Magento development code ethics and review
- Researching, installing, and configuring various Magento extensions
- Extending Magento functionality through custom programming
- Building and testing for cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility
- Building Magento components for Performance Optimisation and
- High Availability
- Adapt to Agile ways of working
- Work with a team of backend developers, frontend developers, devops technicians, UX/UI designers and architect
- Produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support following best practices
- Work autonomously and take responsibility for assigned tasks
Experience and requirements
- Must have 2-3 years development experience in Magento 2 open source software
- Must have experience working with AWS
- Must have experience in Magento web and extension development
- Must have experience with Magento for AWS with Multizone and HA
- Must have experience with integrating Magento with elastic search, RDS Aurora and Cognito
- Must have experience with Magento API and custom development
- Must have experience with AWS PHP SDK to work with events and observers
- Must have ability to integrate Magento with MapBox
- Must have experience configuring Varnish cluster cache and NGINX
- Must have experience with GitHub and general version control
- Must have Atlassian suite experience, including Jira and Confluence
- Must have knowledge/experience in performance profiling, tuning, and optimisation
- Must have implementation experience with AWS WebRTC SDK
Be able to configure Magento deployed within AWS ECS Cluster & docker
- Good to have experience with any modern JS frameworks
Licenses & Certifications
- Magento Certified M2 Professional Developer (Ideal but not mandated)
- Magento Certified Developer Plus (Ideal but not mandated)
- Magento Solution Specialist (Ideal but not mandated)
- Amazon Web Services Solutions Architect – Professional (Ideal but not mandated)
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and self-driven individual to be a key contributor in a very fast-growing, high impact start-up, working with cutting edge technologies and being a part of passionate and talented foundation team with a strong culture of mutual respect, diversity, curiosity, and collaboration. Rewarding remuneration on offer.
GimmeNow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. GimmeNow strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.